JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: CEO/Managing Broker
DATE PREPARED: January 1, 2021
The Administrative Assistant (AA) supports the organization's mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment, accountability and ownership.
The AA position is the primary contact for the company and shall assist in carrying out the policies and procedures surrounding the day-to-day functions in support of the CEO and executive staff. This individual will have a comprehensive knowledge of the company and departmental procedures, which require a high degree of skill, accuracy, trust and confidence that will ensure the operation of the office is organized and efficient. The AA will have daily contact with property owners, tenants and customers which will require a considerable degree of initiative, discretion and tact. The AA must be a self-motivated team member willing to work in a close-knit environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support such as directing phone calls, scheduling meetings, filing, typing, copying binding, scanning, etc.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Ensures operation of office equipment such as calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Maintains files for the office, owners and tenants.
Marking and Business Development:
- Maintains company website and other on-line marketing sites and social media.
- Responsible for running property searches and setting appointments for showings.
- Maintains broker database and all contact lists for leasing and marketing.
- Prepares and maintains all marketing materials for available listings such as brochures and data entry for LoopNet, CoStar, Crexi and other listing information on available properties.
- Assists with drafting of letters of intent, proposals, leases, renewal notices and amendments as directed.
- Tracks listing agreements expirations and advises management.
- Maintains inventory, location and installation of property signs.
- Maintains files for new tenants, listings and tenant representation clients.
- Monitor dates of action in listing agreements, lease expirations and tenant representation rent rolls.
- Prepare and assist Accounting in tracking company commissions for all deals, especially tenant representation and brokerage clients.
- Assist in maintaining and updating portfolio rent rolls, sales and leasing reporting, done deal reports and tenant representation rent rolls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent to a 4-year college degree; experience in lieu will be considered.
- Minimum of two years office administrative experience preferably in real estate industry.
- Willing and ability to pursue real estate license.
- Ability to understand lease and contract language and terms.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office and related products (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Publisher).
- Strong organization skills; detail oriented.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; portrays confidence in both.
- Ability to work well with others, give and take direction and to interface with decision makers in a professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service and uses good judgment.
- Demonstrates initiative and reflects a sense of urgency in daily duties by meeting and improving upon deadlines.
- Presents oneself and company in a professional manner.
- Ability to interact effectively, to have fun and to enjoy what you do in a collaborative team environment.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions.
Email Sharon Graves at email@example.com